Extremely juicy and syrupy, these conical heart-shaped fruits have seeds on the skin that give them a unique texture. With a blend of sweet-tart flavour, these are everyone’s favourite berries.
- Strawberries improve heart function. They are rich in antioxidants and detoxifiers, which reduce arthritis and gout pain.
- Folic acid present in strawberries is necessary for pregnant women as it helps prevent birth defects. They maintain bone, skin, hair and eye health.
- Crushed strawberry mixed with baking soda acts as a natural teeth whitener.
- Do not rinse berries under running water as the pressure can crush them. Dip them in a bowl of cold water and allow the berries to drain.
- Store them in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. You can refrigerate them 30 minutes prior to usage for a crisp taste.
- Strawberries can be eaten fresh, or can be added in fruit salads & custards. They can be used as toppings or for making desserts and pies.