With the shape of a pine cone, the fruit is loosely fibrous and juicy with white to yellowish flesh. The edible center part is firm, leathery, and sweet.
- Pineapples reduce the risk of macular degeneration, a disease that affects the eyes as people age due to vitamin C and antioxidants present in it.
- Reduces inflammation and blood clots. Also reduces common cold and sinus inflammation. Helps develop strong bones.
- Uncut, ripe pineapples usually last for about 3 days in room temperature.
- Store freshly cut pineapples in an air-tight container and refrigerate. Pineapples can be cut and eaten fresh.
- These luxurious treats are used to prepare juices, smoothies, desserts and also added in salads and seafoods.